Thursday, 7 April 2016

One.. Ha.. Ha.. Ha..

Nearly finished Flyrant number one. Loving watching this bad boy come together despite being so much surface area to paint. Knowing that I've got three more to pain, then two Harpies and a Crone make me sad inside but right now that's irrelevant.

He's still a handsome beast!


Friday, 1 April 2016

The flying circus approaches

Finally finished assembling my third flyrant last night as I was awaiting some wings for it; I've reposed it ever so slightly, which was a massive pain, but I'm happy with the results. A little GS required followed by undercoating! I'm getting there, slowly but surely!
Also in the snap are a few bits I'll be using for my bases as previously mentioned. Coffee stirrer pallets and paper oil drums. Exciting or what..

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Tonight's progress.

Albeit not a lot, I've managed to get a few coats of grey into the wings of one of my Flyrants this evening. Not a lot, but still an hours work or so! Also started some DIY barrels too for my bases, from a guide I found on Pintrest.

Brief, but productive!

Thursday, 24 March 2016

For the greater good.

Tonight was a tad annoying, yet at the same time ever so productive. I've more or less finalised my scheme as the last discrepancy was wings.. I've decided to have two ways of doing the membranes, with a quick/easy way for Gargoyles and a more involved way for my FMCs.
Gargoyles will be washed uniformly, then again with red in order to give the membrane look.  FMCs will have a codex grey coat before washing. I am cheating with the washes, but they do look ever so good; I don't particularly fancy layering 6x pairs of FMC wings and I feel the same way about wet blending!
Alas, progress for this evening, including one of the gargoyles that needs to be stripped and repainted; Poor 'lil fella.

Monday, 21 March 2016

Mucolids be nasty.

I figured that as I'm making progress I'd post up a little bit of experimentation with my mucolids/mieotic spores.. Nasty!
Comments, critique welcome!

Sunday, 20 March 2016

Sunday funday!

So, work and general life have been getting in the way of getting things undercoated.. Alas, what is turning out to be a beautiful spring day near Cambridge may well see a bit more undercoating done! Once I've got some Gargoyles to play with I can finalise my paint scheme and go for it; How very exciting!

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Gargoyles, what a nightmare..

I've been struggling somewhat with figuring out how to transport my nids, gargoyles and MCs alike. The gargoyles are covered in little claws which have made the KR multicase foam I've been housing them in a nightmare.
I thought that I would investigate the prospect of magnets under the flying bases, metal trays and foam within a box of sorts. Alas, I feel I've struck gold, as I managed to find 30mm x 0.7mm self adhesive magnets which are perfect. The picture below is 15 on a baking tray. Next step, I'm contemplating a KR Multicase with pick and pluck foam to house my MCs, so I'll try making a tray for these too.
Also, rant. English weather sucks. I've had zero time or good weather to undercoat anything. One is not amused!