Sunday 21 February 2016

Gribblies ahoy!

I figured that this wouldn't be a plog without progress shots, so here we go!
For those that aren't 100% au fait with Nids, this is the starting of my Skyblight formation; 1x Hive Tyrant, 1x Hive Crone, 2x Harpies and 3x broods of Gargoyles.
The painted Harpy and Crone were a steal off ebay, but the downside of this being that they aren't 100% correct as per the instructions and they are terribly based. Not the end of the world. I'm a stickler for not winging it, per se, but a few pieces from my newly purchased kit saw them right. Yay!
The last Harpy is magnetised to include both weapons options (very easy I must say) and the Flyrant is armless for the very same reason. I'm waiting for a delivery of some FW twin linked Devourers, so they will be magnetised and undercoated as soon as they arrive. How very exciting.
Finally the Gargoyles. Oh the Gargoyles. There are currently 22 and I'm aiming for 45. My days this is a struggle! I'm settling with building four at a time, because although I do enjoy the modelling aspect of the hobby, this really is a grind. I'm sure painting them will be much the same joy. The Space Marine captain is there for size comparison; I don't think that any of my friends have seen Nids en masse, so I thought I'd add him in for mind games.
I have other goodies on my workbench, but I'll save them for another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment