Friday 19 February 2016

In the beginning there were Nids. So. Many. Nids.


With various thoughts around my growing collection of hobbies that I enjoy, I figured that I would find a place to put all of my geeky musings into one project log.  I say geeky as if it were a derogatory term, don’t get me fooled, I love it, but I definitely keep it shut away in my spare room the majority of the time.
 
Alas, of late my friends convinced me that starting 40K again would be a good idea, so I thought why not.  I thoroughly enjoy the lore, modelling, painting and gaming aspect so why not I thought.
 
It’ll be fun”, they said.  You’ll love it”, they said.
 
Boom, I’ve then convinced myself it was a good idea and we have a 2,500 point challenge on the table.  Two thousand, five hundred.  Despite collecting and trying to play Marines up until I was about 14 or so, when looking back into the hobby ~2012 I had a bit of a thing for Tyranids, as they were always a firm favourite of mine.  I was always drawn to the 2nd Ed Marenus Calgar, Wraithlord and Hive Tyrant models as a kid, so I figured this time around I would stick to Nids again opposed to ‘another’ Imperial Army.  In 2012  this never stuck as I couldn’t make the time for it, but things change and live moves on.
 
So, my point.  2,500 points of Nids is a daunting task, so let’s see how I get on.  I have a basic list that I am working to, which I shan't publish just yet; I wouldn't want prying eyes to get a glimpse just yet.  I will however keep a record of my progress here even if only for my own personal benefit.  Check back if you're interested for my musings, rants and progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment